Sunday, July 20, 2008

Deep breath and JUMP....

Ha ha! This is my first time writing a blog entry. I thought I'd start with a list of 25 things about me. Of course there are many more fascinating details about my everyday existance on this planet, but you're going to have to check back in for that.
I need you to work for it, baby. Work hard. Very very hard.

1. I love yoga!
2. I just got my 200 hour certification from Yoga Alliance.
3. I'm bipolar.
4. After reaching rock bottom with the the depression AND the mania, I'm quite happy to be medicated.
5. I like to write, but don't do it nearly as much as I should.
6. I'd like to someday write a book.
7. I like to read.
8. I've lived all over, but I live in the suburbs of Chicago now.
9. I love mammals. I'm not a speciesist, I just don't have a stong desire to hug other critters.
10. I'm trying to learn how to not always put myself down in the conversation inside my head.
11. I'm trying not to re-live every little less than perfect moment of my life every single day.
12. Those are behavioral things that medication doesn't cure. Yoga helps, but I haven't yet learned how to be yogic all the time.
13. I'm over 35, but less and 40. I look and feel a lot younger.
14. I have no kids.
15. I have pets and clean up enough of their crap, thank you very much.
16. I have 2 cats and a dog.
17. Cleaning up the crap is worth it, but still a drag.
18. I used to be a boarderline alcholic and I've done a great many drugs. Now I hardly do either.
19. I don't have to self medicate anymore, I have people to take care of that now.
20. Over the years my cocktail of meds has changed. Refining and tinkering are part of the game. Everytime I lose my marbles or people close to me notice that I am about to, my shink and I mix it up again.
21. I still think it's crazy that there are pills that can make me not crazy.
22. I'm curvy and have a nice rack. A rack like women spend a lot of money trying to fake.
23. I'm fond of sex.
24. I'm pretty straight, but occassionally like to branch out.
25. Thanks to yoga, I'm very flexible.

No comments: