Tuesday, July 22, 2008

5 More Things About Me You Are Just Dying To Know

Perhaps because I'm just starting this blogging thing or perhaps because I can't formulate all my thoughts into cohesive paragraphs right now, I seem to be into the list making. So, here's 5 more things about me that I know you are just dying to know.

1. I'm just learning this social networking stuff. What am I supposed to do when someone writes on my wall in Facebook? Is there a good tutorial on Facebook so that I don't seem like such a dork?

2. Went to see Public Enemy this past Friday at Pitchfork Music Fest http://www.pitchforkmusicfestival.com/ at Union Park here in Chicago. It was excellent. I've seen them several times before, but not in many many moons. They played the entire album It Takes a Nation of Millions to Hold Us Back start to finish. Then they added a few more songs like 911 is a Joke, etc. Except for a microphone issue on Bring the Noise (Flav and Chuck D's microphone were switched so you couldn't hear Chuck D, but could hear Flav way too well) the show was a great and lots of fun.

3. Speaking of seeing a great show, I love to dance. I studied ballet and tap and jazz as a kid. I recently took a belly dancing class, but it wasn't so much fun (except for the scarf with all the noisy coins on it which I love). I'd like to hook up with a great group of Tribal Belly Dance chicks close by, but haven't had the opportunity yet. I also want to learn to Hula and I'm open to just about any other kind of dance that there is too. Of course, I love to just go out and "get up and get get get down".

4. I've been meditating everyday, but just can't seem to do it for more than 5 minutes at a time. I think I'm going to try to make a space for it in my closet. My world is just too full of random distractions and curious animals otherwise. Is that weird to be a closet meditator?

5. I like older men. They have manners and stamina. They seem to have a little more control and can satisfy me (which shockingly takes longer than 3 minutes).

That's all for now folks, I'm off to work. Hope everyone has a peaceful and beautiful day! Thanks for reading!

No comments: